Planning a trip to the beach is still one of the activities that you can do that is socially distant from others, and it can be fun for all ages. Whether you’re going away on a trip or staying more local to a beach, you need to have a few essentials to help you to be able to make the most of your trip. When you’ve got all that you need for the day, you can enjoy your time and feel a little like things are back to normal, and enjoy a day in the sun.
- Beach mat: if you want to be comfortable out on the beach all day, you will need more than just a towel to lay on. A beach mat is a great idea as they add an extra layer of comfort, as well as being easily foldable and portable.
- Waterproof Bluetooth speaker: if you are out for a while, it can be a good idea to pass the time with some music. Whether you’re heading to the beach alone to relax or with family and a small group of friends for a more social gathering, music can make a big difference.
- Cooler or ice bag: when the sun is shining and the temperatures at the beach are high, even the sand can get very hot. And there is not a lot that is worse on a beach day than having to cool down and hydrate with some lukewarm water. That is why taking a cooler out with you or an ice bag can make a difference. Keep all drinks and food in the cooler and they’ll be so much more refreshing when it comes to drinking or eating.
- High SPF sunscreen: even on a cloudy day you can catch the sun and end up looking a little burned! So having a high SPF sunscreen can make a big difference to how much sun you get and keep you healthy and well. A lip balm with SPF is also a good idea, as lips with sunburn can be most unpleasant.
- Swimwear: this is another obvious one, especially if you plan on going in the water. However, you might not have thought about some extras like a rash vest or modest swimwear from somewhere like Splashgear if you want to take part in some surfing or watersports when you’re out in the water. Your swimwear can play a part in how much sun you will be exposed to, so that is something to think about as well.
- Oversized back towel: it is a no-brainer to have a towel at the beach, right? But choosing one that is oversized can benefit you in a number of ways. Not only can you use it to dry yourself off, but you can use it as a blanket, as well as using it as something to change underneath if you don’t want to wear your swimming clothes home at the end of the day.
What are your beach day essentials? It would be great to hear what you think.
Leave a Reply